This is a new service - yourfeedback (opens in a new tab)will help us improve it.

Change of ownership for Bareboat Charter Vessels Registered on Part 4 of the UK Ship Register

Any change of ownership must be carried out on the primary register.  

The current vessel registration will be closed if there is any change of ownership or charterer and a new registration will need to be completed.

Documents needed for bareboat charter vessel (Part 4) change of ownership:

Please note you will need to print off and sign any documents, as we cannot accept digital signatures.

  • Bareboat Charter Party Agreement
  • Bareboat Declaration of Eligibility MSF 4735
  • Transcript and Certificate of Registry from the primary register
  • Consent from the primary register regarding the new charter agreement
  • Certificate of Incorporation for the charterer (if the charterer is a body corporate)
  • Online payment of £105 fee via GOV.UK secure payment link
  • Where to send your documents

  • You can email these documents to us at

    You can also call us on +44 (0)20 3908 5200 for more information.