This is a new service - yourfeedback (opens in a new tab)will help us improve it.

Pleasure Vessel Change of Details (Part 1)

If you have completed your vessel registration using the online service or have claimed your vessel and created an online account, you can log in to change your vessels details via the online UK Ship Register service.  

If you have not already claimed your vessel, you will need to create an account at the online UK Ship Register service. 

If you are changing a vessel measurement, tonnage, engine, or vessel type/use we will need supporting documentation to be included and fees to be paid. 

Changing details in your online account

Measurement or tonnage

Change the vessel details and upload a Certificate of Survey for Tonnage and Measurement; the survey will need to have been completed by a surveyor from a class/certifying authority within in the last 12 months.

An ITC 69 may be required if the vessel is over 24 metres in length.

Engine details

Change vessel details and upload a copy of receipt/invoice for the engine.

The invoice must include full engine details, engine power, engine maker, engine model, and proof of full payment for the engine with the invoice being linked to the vessel or the vessel owner.

Change of vessel type

If you are changing the vessel type from pleasure registration to commercial vessel registration, please change the vessel details and upload a copy of the vessel's valid code certificate. This must be in the owner or managing agent's name and the Code Certificate can be arranged with a certifying authority.

Changing from commercial vessel registration to a pleasure registration

Change the vessel details, however, if the vessel has been registered for fewer than 5 years, additional title evidence may be needed to satisfy pleasure vessel registration requirements.  

Applications made by email or post require a completed Declaration of Eligibility to be submitted, as well as any of the above relevant documents.

A registration fee will be needed for all the options. This can be paid via the following links:

  • Where to send your documents

  • Documents can be sent to us by email at or by post to:

    UK Ship Register 
    Maritime and Coastguard Agency 
    Anchor Court 
    Keen Road 
    CF24 5JW

    We also can be contacted on +44 (0)20 3908 5200