This is a new service - yourfeedback (opens in a new tab)will help us improve it.

Change of Ownership for Pleasure Vessels (Part 1)

If a vessel is currently registered with the UK Ship Register but is changing ownership either because it is being sold, purchased or inherited, the register needs to be updated. Completing a change of ownership will mean the new owners show as the registered owner of the vessel on the Certificate of Registry.

Documents required for pleasure vessel (Part 1) change of ownership:

  • Declaration of Eligibility MSF 4727
  • MCA Bill of Sale, from registered owner(s) to the new owner(s) MSF 4705
  • Copy of Certificate of Incorporation (if the owner is a body corporate)
  • Online payment of £105 registration fee via GOV.UK secure payment link (for five year period)

Please note that you will need to print off and sign any documents, as we cannot accept digital signatures.

If a registered owner has passed away, probate may be needed as confirmation of who can transfer ownership of the vessel.

Please note that any documents used to support your application for Pleasure Vessel (Part 1) Registration, if not in English, must be accompanied by a notarised translation.

  • Where to send your documents

  • Email your documents to us at

    Call us on +44 (0)20 3908 5200 if you need any more information.