This is a new service - yourfeedback (opens in a new tab)will help us improve it.

Pleasure Vessel Upgrade to Full Registration

Pleasure vessel currently provisionally registered, upgrade to full registration on Part 1 of the register

If your pleasure vessel is provisionally registered with a valid Certificate of Provisional Registration and you wish to register the vessel on to Part 1 of the UK Ship Register.

If you have completed a provisional registration for your vessel using the online service and created an online account, you can log in to close the provisional registration and begin a new registration with the UK Ship Register online service.

To begin a new registration, you will be required to provide supporting documents and pay the appropriate fee. 

Documents required

  • Five years' title history in the form of Bills of Sale to the new owner MSF 4705
  • UK Certificate of Survey for Tonnage & Measurement issued within the last 12 months by a Certifying Authority
  • Deletion certificate or transcript from the current register or a written undertaking to provide one within six weeks
  • Copy of the Ship's Radio licence with call sign, applications are be made with Ofcom
  • Builders Certificate (for vessels built within the last five years) MSF 4743
  • International Tonnage Certificate (ITC69) (for vessels over 24m)
  • Online payment of £153 registration fee via GOV.UK secure payment link (for five year period)

On receipt of the above documents the Carving and Marking note will be issued which will confirm the correct markings for the vessel. The Carving and Marking note will need to be completed by the owner of a pleasure vessel, or if the vessel is 24m or more in length a recognised surveyor will need to sign, date and stamp the document.

For us to issue the Carving and Marking note and complete the full registration we will cancel the Provisional Registration. While we await your completed Carving and Marking note the vessel will not have a valid registration document.

Please note that any documents used to support your application for Pleasure Vessel (Part 1) Registration, if not in English, must be accompanied by a notarised translation.

  • Where to send your documents

  • These documents can be sent to us by email at

    We also can be contacted on +44 (0)20 3908 5200.