This is a new service - yourfeedback (opens in a new tab)will help us improve it.

Pleasure Vessel Re-Registration (Part 1)

What to do if your vessel has previously been registered on the UK Ship Register or the vessel registration is currently closed or expired, and you wish to register your vessel again with the UK Ship Register. 

Documents needed for pleasure vessel (Part 1) re-registration

Please note, you will need to print off and sign any documents, as we cannot accept digital signatures.

  • Application to Register MSF 4740 (A)
  • Declaration of Eligibility MSF 4727
  • If the ownership has changed since the last UK registration, Bills of Sale linking the last UK Ship Register registered owner to re-registering owner MSF 4705
  • Copy of Certificate of Incorporation (if the owner is a body corporate)
  • UK Certificate of Survey for Tonnage and Measurement issued within the last 12 months by a Certifying Authority (this is only needed if vessel's UK Registration has been closed for more than 12 months)
  • International Tonnage Certificate (ITC69) (this is for vessels more than 24 metres whose UK registration has been closed for more than 12 months)
  • If the vessel is registered with another registry, a deletion certificate/transcript from the current register or a written undertaking to provide one within six weeks
  • Copy of the ship’s radio licence with call sign, applications should be made with Ofcom
  • Online payment of £153 registration fee via GOV.UK secure payment link (for five year period)

Once the documentation is received, a Carving and Marking Note will be issued, which will need to be witnessed by the vessel owner or an inspector if less than 24 metres, or if over 24 metres, by a Certifying Authority. When completed it will need to be returned to so that the Certificate of Registry can then be issued.

Please note that any documents used to support your application for Pleasure Vessel (Part 1) Registration, if not in English, must be accompanied by a notarised translation.